What Does Other Structures Mean on Homeowner’s Insurance? 🏠

Other structures-as the name suggests…. are buildings on your property that are not attached to your house. This can include detached garages, sheds, gazebos, in-ground swimming pools and more. If you have any buildings on your property that serve a purpose, chances are they’re considered other structures.

Other structures are usually covered by your homeowners insurance policy, but there are limits to how much coverage you have. Most policies will cover other structures anywhere between 10%-20% of the amount of dwelling coverage you have on your actual home. So, for example if you have $200,000 in coverage for your home, you would have $20,000 in coverage for other structures if your policy limit was 10% of the total dwelling amount.

It’s important to know how much coverage you have for other structures because if something were to happen to them, you would be responsible for paying for the repairs or rebuilding out of pocket. Let’s say a severe storm blows the roof off of your detached garage. If the damage is more than the $20,000 in coverage that you have for other structures, you would be responsible for paying the difference.

To make sure you have enough coverage for all of your property in case of an accident or disaster, it’s a good idea to talk to your insurance agent to ensure your homeowner’s policy has sufficient coverage.

Click below to get a quote!
Get a Quote at: https://insurancebrokersofaz.com/get-a-quote/

Learn more about Insurance Brokers of Arizona at https://insurancebrokersofaz.com/

Connect with us:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InsuranceBrokersofAZ
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cameronbrown34/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/insurancebrokersofarizona
Twitter: https://twitter.com/InsBrokersofAZ

You May Also Like